Monday, June 22, 2009

Summer Style ;)



Hey Divas!


I'd just first like to say that I'm so excited to be writing to all you beautiful ladies. Now, for the fun part, I'd like to share some style tips about summer attire. I realize that we feel a little self conscious about ourselves during the swimsuit season, however I'm asking you to flaunt your curves! I want to look into some clothing and pick my favorite pieces and then show you examples that you can get at Torrid.


Dresses, dresses, dresses, now I never used to wear dresses, but now I love them. Personally I love the maxi dress look. It's perfect for us curvy ladies. I have a really big chest and it's hard for me to fit into the dresses I want, but the tube and halter styles are amazing! This style of a dress flows over our curves and most importantly is comfortable. There is so much variety with this style that it's hard to pick just one.


There are four different maxi styles at Torrid that I'm in love with.

First off we have the Black Knit Double V-Neck Maxi Dress. The reason I love this dress is because it's sexy but subtle because of the two v-necks. You don't show a lot of cleavage and gives coverage on the arms which I always like. You can play it up with jewelry of any color since it's black, but I would put turquoise, gold, kelly green, or natural beaded accessories with it. Try adding a waist belt to emphasize your waist.

Next is the Green Ivory and Black Tiered Knit Maxi Dress. One of my absolute favorite items in the store and because it's a colorblock piece, it's fun but simple. The halter neck again is great for support and gives you a reason not to wear a necklace. Keep the jewelry simple, earrings and a bracelet.

The Green and Brown Floral Paisley Tube Maxi Dress is by far my favorite, because I'm a pretty hippie chic person myself. It's so adorable and because there's so much pattern going on the accessories are going to be simple and neutral. I would choose a headband and a bracelet myself.

Last are the Jersey Knit Tube Maxi Dresses because they're simple. It's a basic summer staple. They come in different colors so you can switch it up. Anything can happen with this dress, add a belt, a sunhat, jewelry, or wear it as a cover up.


Now! Shorts. I love shorts, but this of course is my favorite:

THE BERMUDA!

Yes, the bermuda short. It let's us stay cooler in the summer, but doesn't show too much skin. It's great! So I would definitely make sure you have this item this summer. I definitely like the Source of Wisdom Dark-Rinse Denim Bermuda Short, because it's fitting to your thighs and is a dark-rinse, which is my favorite. It has a cuffed bottom which is really popular nowadays and still looks sexy in opinion.


Skirts :) Well personally I've always been a miniskirt girl, so yes, I have to go with my heart. The mini is in and looks hot girls. I like the Source of Wisdom Medium-Wash Raw Edge Denim Miniskirt and the Ed Hardy New York Denim Miniskirt, because they're edgy. This is perfect for summer, because it's short and keeps you cool while showing off those killer legs. Pair is with a peasant top, tank top, or wear it over your swimsuit at the beach.


Swimwear is always my favorite because I love so many styles and just want them all. Here are my favorites! And the award goes to...:


1. Best Board Short: Black White and Neon-Pink Zebra Board Shorts, they're cute and edgy. Although they work best with a simple swimsuit, they'll add a little zest. The stretch waistband means more comfort for you.

2. Best for Busty Beauties: Black Twist-Bust Underwire Tankini Top, because it's an underwire you get more support and the cute sweetheart cut is super flattering. Plus the twist is so adorable.

3. Best Pinup Look: Leopard and Red Ruched Halter Swimsuit, because of the halter top and the slightly lower cut bottom, it's a definitely sexy retro look. Rawr! Haha

4. Best Tankini: Aqua and White Striped Halter Swim Top, because it's sooo adorable and the colors are perfect for summer! The horizontal stripes look hot and you can pair it with any bottom you want.


Now, honestly, I can't pick a favorite top, so I'm not going to write about it.

I think my favorite look overall is a long v-neck t-shirt with long necklaces, with a knit or denim miniskirt and gladiator sandals. It's just sooo simple, but cute and fashion forward. You could even play it up with gladiator heels, chains, layering tank tops or leggings.
Love,
Andrea :) muah!
 

Andrea - Hi :) School Model Search Winner Copyright © 2009