Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Model Search Experience & Opportunity



Hello!!!

Well, the Torrid House of Dreams National Model Search is going on this weekend and it's an amazing opportunity for those women 16+.
I hope all of you enter it.
Don't worry if you don't think you can make it or have doubts. Don't listen to people that aren't encouraging you. Do it for yourself. For the opportunity of a lifetime. You have an amazing chance, don't give it up.
Either enter by visiting your local Torrid or send yours in by mail like I did.

When I entered the Torrid Hi School Model Search, I was very confident in myself. I really would've loved to be able to model for them on the site or get pictures taken, but the chance to be part of a fashion advisory board is amazing. I love fashion but you probably wouldn't tell by how I dress.

I first heard of Torrid from Seventeen Magazine a few years back. Loved it. I decided to enter the contest when I first heard about it, I mean what do I have to lose? I picked some pictures I'd taken before as my headshot and bodyshot. Filled out the application and gave it to my brother to be sent. He mailed it on the deadline! Like it had to be postmarked by then. I was so nervous, because I thought it wouldn't make it.

Becky called me and at first I didn't recognize the number but I called back after I heard the voicemail and at the time I was talking to my friend and I was like...OMG I think I WON I think I WON! and I called back. Then Becky called me and told me the news and my stomach filled with butterlies! HAHA I was so excited I wanted to scream and do a dance but I remained calm and accepted and told my mom and everyone is so proud of me.

I think what I love about it most and to be heard and also to let others see that a big girl can win a modeling contest and is beautiful despite the what the media says. My classmates were like, OMG Congratulations that's so awesome. I have modeled in my fashion class' fashion show and was the only big girl so I'm super excited to show it off. So far, we've recieved our prizes and have been blogging. I hope a lot of people read them. This whole experience has made me really greatful for the opportunity Torrid is giving girls.

I hope that you, yes YOU! Will enter this contest, 16+ there's no limit, size, race, etc doesn't matter. Enter and hopefully you'll be a lucky winner. Really....GOOD LUCK TO ALL YOU FABULOUS DIVAS!

Remember, this weekend July 17th-19th, and if you can't make it to the store, mail it like I did, you'll have the same chances.


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


LOVE, ANDREA!!
 

Andrea - Hi :) School Model Search Winner Copyright © 2009